Published On: Fri, May 14th, 2021

HMRC update: Britons could get a tax break of up to £1,188 – check now | Personal Finance | Finance

It is free to apply for Marriage Allowance and this can be done online, through Self Assessment, or writing to HMRC.

People are warned, however, they should do this through HMRC alone, as this is the sure-fire way to ensure they receive 100 percent of the sum they are entitled to. 

However, HMRC has warned Britons that if their circumstances change, they will need to cancel their Marriage Allowance.

This should happen if any of the following apply:

  • A relationship ends – because a couple have divorced, ended their civil partnership, or legally separated
  • Income changes and a person is longer eligible
  • Individuals no longer wish to claim

If you can’t see the poll below, click here.

Source link

Most Popular News